Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Do you have a word for your fans? Astronaut.







I'm not sure if that is a factual quote, but it is a line in the movie "I'm Not There". A film about the life of Bob Dylan. I'm not sure if I can really recommend this film. I frankly didn't enjoy the movie, but it was artfully filmed and edited to be a quandary or riddle. I don't mind movies that make me think, I enjoy then actually, but this one was a little more bent to the bizarre. Dylan is played for 6 actors, none of them are actually named Bob Dylan. and they each represent a phase of persona of Dylan. To make things worse, the film has no feeling of timeline or structure. Consecutive scene can display portions of Dylan life that are decades apart. In short, it was a head trip. To make things worse, I'm not even that big of a Dylan fan, and maybe less of one now. Although I may do some light reading on the life and times of the man for kick and grins. Maybe listen to some of his songs as a whole and, if I feel a little folky, I may pick up an acoustic and play a song of his.

As a film go, I'd give it 3 of 5 Stars. But Dylan wouldn't care anyways...

No comments:

Post a Comment