Friday, July 31, 2015

The Ugly Truth About My Pedal Board

It seems like a long time ago I started building what is now my pedal board. I started with a single pedal (Digitech Bad Monkey) and continued building. My first actual effect was a Digitech multi-effect processor. I was never satisfied with it. I've bough and replaced so many pedals that it is hard to remember what my actual first board looked like. I do remember that I ran a Boss DD-3 Delay, Boss Metal Zone, Fender Analog tuner (not a pedal but mounted to be board), Behringer Hellbabe Wah, and a JamMan Looper. I don't think there is a single piece of the gear in my possession any more. Even the board that I used to use has moved on.

So what am I using? Well, my board is homemade. My collection had grown and I needed a board to hold everything. At one time I was running 20+ pedals. There were a few duplicates. Most were modded/unmodded options, but basically everything I owned was on the board. I liked having everything available at once. This was a home rig I put together when I wasn't playing anywhere. In the last year or so, I've seen a lot of that gear go and a lot of new stuff come in. So my board now is: Ernie Ball Volume, Boss TU-2 Tuner, EHX Soul Food, EHX Glove, EHX East River Drive, MXR Superbadass Distortion, EHX Metal Muff, Boss GE-7, Outlaw Effects 5 O'Clock Fuzz, Boss TR-2, Boss GE-7 (again), and a DD-20 Gigadelay. Not by any means complete, but it's a work in progress.

The last time I did a post on my board was years ago. You can see it here. The board has changed a lot, but do still use the delay and tuner for that board, because they just have to work and they do. As for everything else, ether my tastes have changed or I found something that has suited me better.

No comments:

Post a Comment