Monday, February 29, 2016

Ugly Truth About Way Huge Camel Toe

Wow, I never thought that I'd title a post that way, but there it is. I hope I don't confuse people looking for something other than talking about Guitar gear. BTW, this is a post about the Overdrive pedal called the Camel Toe by Way Huge and absolutly nothing else... let's move on.

Way Huge let us know today that there is a Camel Toe MKII to be released sometime, possibly, with the release uo this photo via their instagram.

Lately I noticed Shnobel, of YouTube fame, playing a Way Huge Camel Toe. I've never heard of this pedal, probably because it was only released in a very limited quantity and I've never been much of a follower of what Way Huge does. If you start Google-ing Way Huge Camel Toe, you might find something other than what you are looking for. There just isn't that much information out there about this rare pedal. However, if you plug that same search into eBay, you are likely to find auctions starting at thousands of dollars. Why? I honestly have no idea. Well, from what I've heard, the pedal sounds fantastic, but it doesn't spout rainbows, so whats with the price? The limited quantity might have something to do with it.

You see, in many ways, the Camel Toe was ahead of its time. It is a light-duty, 'transparent' overdrive. In a market that is flooded with Klones, the Camel Toe is a stand out. It is not a clone of anything that I can tell, in fact it came before many of the clones that, in the wake of the Klon becoming so mythical, because so privalent. That's the problem, it was a transparent overdrive before transparent overdrives were cool. So, in a way, it's the hipster of transparent overdrives...

Regardless, I like this pedal and I look forward to trying one out for myself. However It is highly unlikely that I ever have the chance to put the MKII and the original together for a comparison given its rarity. Hopeful Way Huge won't try to make a money grab with this reissue, but they have always been a little on the boutique side of the price range anyways.



Support the blog by shopping on Amazon by using my link!


There should be an ad below:





5 comments:

  1. Camel Toe is a Green Rhino and Red Llama in the same enclosure with a couple of switching options. Broken down to the circuits these were inspired from a.....TS9 and a Andertons Tube Sound Fuzz in the same enclosure old circuits brilliantly interpreted and tweaked by George Tripps. These will sell in the gazillions and I will be first in line to buy one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not impressed. Get an $80.00 USD Tone City Bad Horse..Klon Clone ...put it in front of any of a dozen overdrives and you can get
    results to equal if not better it. You can then have very decent Klon sound cheap in the deal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not impressed. Get an $80.00 USD Tone City Bad Horse..Klon Clone ...put it in front of any of a dozen overdrives and you can get
    results to equal if not better it. You can then have very decent Klon sound cheap in the deal.

    ReplyDelete