Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Airline Guitar Effects Are Now A Thing

I was first aware of Eastwood/Airline guitar when my local music store clerk alerted me to them. I was in the market for something funky, but playable. Their blend of vintage looks and modern craftsmanship make for a unique product. I've been a fan of there designs ever since, so when I saw that they were coming to market with effects my attention was peaked.


Designed after the front end, reverb, and tremolo of a vintage Airline amplifier, this pedal has a lot going on. You have Shape, Mix, Tone, Drive, Rate, more Tone, Depth, Level and Size. So if you like knobs or switches, then you need to pay attention to this pedal. I am digging the look and feel of the pedal. I can't speak much to the sound of it, but from what I've heard, it is at least not your 'same old' effect.


The next effect in their line is a Fuzz/Octave. Given the fact that Eastwood and Airline guitar kinda live in the "good old days", it makes sense that they make a Fuzz/Octave. The combo that rocked the 60's and 70's. Just like their guitars, they've added some modern features. The Octave is digital and it is fast tracking. You can blend an upper and lower octave. You can also select each effect separately. Not only that, but you can choose to separate the octaves from the fuzz. I dig it.




Support the blog by shopping on Amazon by using my link!


There should be an ad below:





No comments:

Post a Comment