Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Badder Monkey Mod, Stage 2

 I'm pretty excited about Stage 2 of the Bad Monkey Mod. In this stage I've exchanged the C11 Cap for a .1uf instead of a .049uf Cap. I don't pretend to understand why these element change the sound, but they sure do. The step increases the bass response. The change is Very noticeable. I spend a considerable amount of time testing out the new features of the pedal post-mod. The tonal features are a far cry from where we began. It might just find its way back onto my pedal board.

Secondly, on the stage of the mod, I've done a little cosmetic work. I changed out the old red LED for a yellow one. I actually had to solder it in twice. Evidently it has to be put in a certain way, positives and negatives and whatnot. The LED was rated for 2 volts which I thought to be a bit too much. The pedal only draws 9 volts. The LED is a little faint. It may be due to a resister before the LED. I could change it out for one that lets a little more power to the light, but that may result in a popping sound when toggling the pedal on and off.

Most of the changes have been on the inside but heres a picture

No comments:

Post a Comment