Thursday, May 28, 2015

5 Best Electric Guitars Under $300

The couple posts I've made have been somewhat budget conscious. This one is no different. Their are lots of people looking to add an instrument to their lives. Like me, these people want to make the best decision they can because guitars cost lots of money and it's going to be a decision that they have to live with for a long time. Over the years I've grown fond of some particular types of guitars. I'll try to set all that aside and do the most good for those of you who might be seeking to satisfy other taste.

1.Yamaha Guitars

Yamaha has been making instrument for a very long time. I've played many instrument made by Yamaha. Let's take a quick look at some of the instruments they produce: Pianos, keyboards, Brass, woodwind, drums and percussion, and guitars. In nearly every category Yamaha is considered one of the top manufacturers. Yamaha Guitars are no different. Their precision and attention to detail is present in their manufacture of guitars. They offer several models under the $300 mark. Their Pacifica line stands up to any guitar at the price. Yamaha has earned a reputation for producing quality instrument, so don't discount this line. Although they heavily resemble the Stratocaster, They have a feel and sound of their own. Production and sale of these guitars are somewhat limited. Finding one of these might pose a challenge, but keeping an eye out for one of these just might pay off.

2.ESP

This guitar company has built a reputation for making quality guitars and selling them reasonably. The big selling point that ESP has is that there are many choices under the $300 mark. There are LP and SG styles, plus many unique shapes in their line up. I might suggest someone look at purchasing one of these guitar instead of Epiphone. While Epiphone have near-exact replicas of their parent company Gibson, They tend to be proud of the instruments. This makes other brands more attractive. When shopping without considering the name on the headstock, ESP might be the way to go. ESP has a great selection under the $300 mark so it make picking the right one a little more fun.

3.Ibanez

Ibanez is another company that has risen from the bargain bin to make a name for its self. Looking at the sub $300 offering is a treat because not only are there several body styles, but many interesting finishes. The GS series offers a wide range of colors and options, There is a single cut-away GART60 model that takes a stab at the LP shape. There is even a few hollow body choices in the Artcore series that make the budget, But the real deal is in the RG series. These guitars are nicely finished and come ready for any performance. The feature found is these guitars make it seem well worth the investment.

4.Jackson

I have own a Jackson guitar (it wasn't under $300), but I do remember that the fit and finish on them were excellent. While I was researching for this post I came across a fact that I was unaware of. Jackson has a lot of options in this range. Most being in the Dinky series, but also offering some more agressive shape like the "X" and "V". Also, Jackson is one of the only makers that offer Floyd Rose on there sub $300 guitars. On top of all this, some of these guitars are absolutely beautiful. Jackson! Who would have known, right?

5.Squire

So Here it is. My personal favorite. Squire makes Strats and Teles for the rest of us. Many people bought a Squire as their first guitar. They are prolific and affordable. Chances are if you played guitar for any period of time, you have played a squire at least in passing. The true beauty of  Squire's line of instruments is that they stay faithful the the original and offer custom features for hundreds less that the real deal Fenders. The best bang for your buck being the Standard series. It may sound lack luster, but it faithful replicates the look, feel, and sound of the big boys. Sticking a new set of pickups in a Squire in many ways just as good as have a guitar with Fender on the headstock. For those looking outside the Strat and Tele box, there are Jaguar, 51', and Mustang models that fit in our budget too. Squire. My favorite for a reason.

Bonus: Davison

I am cheap, so I try to find the cheapest things out there that fit a need. When looking for a banjo I came across a website that imports for overseas and sells very cheap instruments. How cheap? Under $200 dollars. I took a chance and ordered my banjo from them and well very pleased. I have ordered any thing else from this retailer, but if I expearence is typical then I feel perfectly fine recommending them. Here we have a source of set neck SG's and LP's for less then $200. Not bad in my book. In fact, I'd like to pick one of these up for my self, but adding to my collect right now would be hoarding. I look forward to getting around to actually purchasing one and writing a review soon(ish). Also they have Strat copies for less the $100 (What!). Just saying...

1 comment:


  1. You have a lovely blog, I really appreciate the information and resources.
    Best Electric Guitars

    ReplyDelete