Friday, September 4, 2015

The Ugly Truth About PedalboardPlanner.Com

I was messing around on the internet the other night and I found a website that is pretty much the best thing ever. That is, if you are like my and you can stop rearranging your pedal board. The site is pretty simple. You have a long list of pedals to choose from, and a rang of pedalboard (all by pedaltrain). You are allowed to configure them any way you want to. You can even arange the signal path. I could probably spend hours on the site as it is. Although, there are some ugly truths to be told.

1. Its All PedalTrain

Go figure, a site that is produced by PedalTrain only features PedalTrain model pedalboards. The good news is that they support their older model boards as well. They give detentions of the boards so you know just what size you are dealing with. This is helpful to those that don't have a PT board but can find a size close enough to simulate their board. Or, if you are like me and planning a new board, you can get an idea of the size of board you need to fit all your pedals. I'd like to be able to specify your detentions, but I guess you can have everything.

2. The List Of Pedals Is nearly exhaustive. 

Many of the pedal that I own were on the list. Some were not. A lot of the Boss and EHX stuff were there, but others weren't. This isn't a big deal, you can approximate the size of the pedal and stick a pedal of the same size in there, but the whole signal chain thing become pointless at that point. If there were really slick, then they could allow you to upload pictures of your own pedals and add a title and all that. Just a thought.... but a pretty good one.

3. This Site Is Way Too Much Fun

Not only can you arrange the digital representation of the pedal you own, you can fantasize about the pedals you want to own. This is aided by the list of more boutique pedal that are present on the site. Not all obscure pedals are there, but all lot of the more popular ones. I spent close to an hour before pulling myself away. I was in the middle of a pedalboard overhaul at the moment, but I can see my self coming back just to fiddle around. The best thing is that you can download and save your arrangements to use as a template when you actually get to moving your pedals.

4. It's Not As Good As The Real Thing

At the end of the day, all you've done is play on the computer. Your pedals are still mismanaged and you need to get back to doing something important. Not only that, but now you want to go play with your toys... way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment