Friday, October 6, 2017

Happy World Guitar Day


Today marks the first World Guitar Day. It's about time that we guitar players had a day. I'm not sure about the origins of World Guitar Day, but it's nice to have a day to make us stop and reflect on the fact that there are guitar slingers all across the world. We may not speak the same langue or have much in common, but the thing that unifies us is a love for a wonder instrument know as the guitar. I am reminded of the global reach of the six-string when I look into my traffic analytics. I can see that I receive traffic from nearly every country in the world.

I fell in love with guitar as a young lad. I found a beat up old classical in my sisters closet and begged to be taught how to use it. Even at its best, that guitar was barely playable, but play it I did. It's what I learned my first chords on. I learned how to strum and keep time. I have a special place in my heart and closet for that guitar. So today, I remember it and everyone that supported my musical journey. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment